Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Video Game Revolution

So... I am not a big video gamer but I know that there are far more people who enjoy video games than those who don't. I am the kind of person that likes real life situations rather than fantasy, so if I were to play video games I like racing games or sport games. These games are based on real life situations and not based on anime characters. However watching this movie on the video game revolution makes me realize why so many people are interested in these games. I think that the development side of video games is cool how they create the games. I like the grids that they use and the real people who mimic moves that allows the developers to simulate what moves the characters should make. This element can be anything from running, kicking, punching, even as much as how the mouth moves when someone is speaking.

One of the things that are neat about modern video games is the ability they have to make these games appear real. And that is one of the reasons why so many people are addicted to the games! Like the video says, its a way to escape reality and for a moment be part of something bigger and ideal. This video also makes me have a lot of credit for the developers and engineers I honestly had no idea how much work goes into making one video game! They said it can take up to years!! I also thought that the video games progressed so quickly from simple games with little color such as pacman to intense real life games such as Call of Duty.

Just as a side note, I don't remember if this was mentioned in the movie but I think that video games lead up to the use of simulations. These can be used to teach pilots how to fly a plane in unideal conditions, to the ice road truck drivers who need to learn how to drive the truck when there is so much ice on the roads. Situations like these, and war simulations, are helpful because they allow the person to get a feel for what is going to happen in the real world without being thrown out there to make mistakes that could potentially be life-threatening.


No comments:

Post a Comment